Sunday, January 2, 2011

Starting Again

Here we go again, time to prepare, time to find all those little slips we should have been filing in a box so we would have everything ready for filing our income tax. I received a card in the mail about a month ago saying that IRS is not going to send out the usual forms as most folks file by computer . . . well, I do know some who do not own a computer and will have to go look for the forms at the Post Office or wherever they can find them for filing. Don't you have to buy some kind of a program to use to file? I think so. Well, we have time to find out the best way to go and I'm not going to worry about it now, I'll wait until the last minute then scream for help.
I couldn't resist this little angel this morning. I have been trying to find a way to get rid of all the sweets left over from the holidays before I finish them off. I'd love to find a little angel to do the job for me, but I think the best way is to share them . . . um . . . my neighbors have the same idea . . . oh well, the freezer works, but does it? I don't think so. I love frozen sweets like chocolate brownies, lemon cake, and stuff like that there; cookies don't work though as they become cement and have to thaw . . . thawed cookies are good. A losing battle when one has a sweet tooth. So this morning the magic word is 'diet' and that doesn't work but cutting portions in half does except for sweets. I admire anyone who can settle for one cookie, one piece of chocolate or a tablespoon of ice cream. I'd say they deserve recognition for stamina and should get a medal or something. Me, I'll suffer through and finish up all the goodies and worry about the week before I have to go stand on the doctor's scales . . . maybe , if I am lucky they will be out of whack. I remember when I was going on fifty, and had the same words coming out of my mouth, I told my husband that when I turned fifty I would no longer count a calorie and I hoped he liked fat old women. Being a clever man, he looked up from his paper and said . . "I do." Aah, diplomacy at its best. Thirty years later I am still counting calories, wouldn't you think "I'd get over it." I am never going to be a 'barbie-doll'.
So today, if you haven't opened that box of chocolates or sliced into the big cake and dozens of cookies remain . . . box them up and take them to the food bank as there are a lot of little ones who didn't have a treat this year . . . what a way to lose a pound; why didn't I think of that earlier? It is Sunday the second day of the New Year so make it a day of relaxation as tomorrow the routine of living starts all over again and we have work to do, places to go and a lot of living to do. Our family and company have gone leaving the nest empty again, a curse and a blessing as we settle down after our special holidays. What did you say? Valentines . . . the stores have them out already . . . I don't believe it!!! Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment