Thursday, January 6, 2011

Practice, Practice

A French artist, by the name of Julien Berthier, had a yacht cut in half, added a new keel and motor and came up with a fully functional twenty one foot boat to tour Europe. He must crave attention to make his boat look like it is sinking.
Strange looking boat.

Imagine what attention it must get from the Coast Guard and the calls about a sinking boat by good Samaritans wanting to save the crew. Our world is filled with imaginative and somewhat crazy people.



Meanwhile I went out yesterday for a ride to Sporthaven beach to practice with my new camera and for awhile I couldn't see anything but my own reflection or something behind me, but then I focused and there was the ocean with it's huge waves. I had to laugh at the gull with its back to the water. The sand was all churned up and the water looked black and forbidding. Storms can do that.



This is the area where the RV's come and stay for the summer. You can see there is only a couple of visitors right now. In the summer time it is wall to wall RV's all the way along the road area around to the jetty and the open fields. It gets crowded as the famlies come over to fish and play in the surf.
I have a zoom lens on this camera so be patient until I learn how to use it. I may come up with some good shots yet. I have to find out how to change the size of the pictures too. I watched son John move around the inner areas of the camera program and he could edit, crop pictures, bring them up and out and it looked so easy . . . well, I watched but I guess I didn't learn much. I will have to experiment and hope I don't blow up the entire program. Oh to be computer literate!!!!
So today, if the sun comes out . . . go out . . . fresh air and sunshine is a necessary part of our lives and we need all of it we can get. Leave your phones, your pagers, your Ipods and lap tops behind for at least an hour and go out and enjoy a restful sabbatical . . . give your eyes and ears a rest. Now that I have said good morning and have thought good thoughts about each of you, I am going to leave the computer and go have my breakfast and if the sun is out today I am going outdoors and enjoy it. I may even pull a few weeds. Enjoy all the seconds of today, not only time but all those left overs. waiting to be used up. Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment