Friday, January 28, 2011

Moonshine

It looks like the moon was not ready to call it quits for the night. It made a lovely picture early in the morning when the sky was filled with streaks of color that made you feel good just looking at it. I was looking out my kitchen window last evening getting ready to close the curtains for the night and the sun was sinking in the west and the colors were deep with brilliant shades and I thought to go for my camera, but, I knew the scene would change before I could get out the back door to find a spot to take a picture. I'm not as quick as I 'used' to be.




Seeing the moon early in the morning reminded me of the poem I wrote about 'Moonbeams'

The sky begins to darken/as the sun goes down/the orange globe throws yellow and purple shadows/and the sky takes on a glow.
The clouds hover all around/turning colors to match the splendor of the evening shade.
Twilight turns to midnight/the sky is darker now/the moon has taken over/sending beams across the sky.
The ray of light is brilliant/reflecting in the clouds/a tinge of gray/some black/edging in the moon, changing shape/from full round/to a crescent moon.
watching out my window/nature's wondrous array/ I am sorry for the sleepyheads/missing this display. J.M.S.




How's that for four a.m. , don't fret I woke up at one thirty and made coffee, worked on the puzzle, then decided that I would spend some time with you. The sleeping patterns of the octogenarians are something to write about. I think we do our best thinking, worrying, stewing and fretting in the hours between midnight and six o'clock in the morning. If I ever slept through, the world would end, or at least mine would. I guess we don't need as much sleep as we 'used' to; we don't need a lot of things that we 'used' to . . . I'm content to read awhile or lay there in the middle of my bed with my feet up the wall . . . it is suppose to change the blood flow so hopefully that is a good thing. Now if someone would tell me how to get up gracefully, I'd appreciate it . . . better still, forget it because I am going back for a power nap.



So today, I cannot believe it is Friday already . . . another busy week behind us . . . I hope it was one filled with surprises and for those of you who have been out shoveling that white stuff, go carefully. I hear my friend Jo has been shoveling her car out of a couple of feet of snow and once she got it ready to go the plow came by and buried it all over again. I hope she stayed home for the day and rested from all that hard work. Hey Jo, it won't stay forever, honest. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment