Sunday, January 16, 2011

Innovative





If you are interested in seeing all of the amazing photographs go to http://triggerpit.com/2010/11/22/incredible-pics-nasa-astronaut-wheelock/
and treat yourself to a special show. Each photograph is an art work all its own. I chose a few to put on the blog which show 'earth shine' as the sun rises; night over Europe showing Paris, the City of Lights. "Discovery" at its best. I am smiling because the friend who sent this e-mail along is a fan of flight, anything with wings, anything that flies, and when it comes to outer space, he would be the first in line for a ticket to go there. He was a mechanic keeping the airplanes up in our skies during World War II and he developed a passion for flying. I often wondered why he didn't take up flying and get a pilot's license of his own. It is difficult to be earth bound when your dreams take you soaring into the 'wild blue yonder'.
Then over in Holland they have what is called a "Tiger-Stone", a Dutch paver laying machine that can produce brick roads. Paving bricks dropped by a front loader onto angled troughs. Men help spread them as they drop into the forming jig. The electrically operated crawler moves forward along a pre-laid sand base layer, all the stones held together descend the sloping ramp on to the road. How innovative can one get? We sure could use a "Tiger-Stone" or two over here as our roads are a mess. Wonder why they do not wander this way and start a few companies over here and put some of our folks to work. I'd go for a paved 'red-mickey' road . . . wouldn't you?










So today when you are out shoveling snow, or walking in the rain . . . oh yes it is pouring buckets here right now, know you have choices and can be as innovative as the next guy . . . you can turn on the television and watch the football games and sit back and enjoy your Sunday afternoon as the rain rains and the snow falls and the world goes on as it should. Sunday is THE day for rest and relaxation, remember the old blue-laws? Not one store was opened on a Sunday for it was a day of rest . . . wonder who had the nerve to change it? Some things should never change as they were meant to bring moderation to our lives, and we can all use a little of that. As for me that 'Fan' puzzle is coming along and I am sure, even though it is a brand new puzzle, some of the pieces are missing, they have to be, I can't find them . . . where are you when I need you? Go ahead, laugh, see if I care if you think I am some kind of a nut doing jig saw puzzles at my age. They are meant for the young . . . well, I'm young at heart, so come join me and find a piece or two and let the conversation flow and I might even hum a tune . . . no, no, don't leave . . . I'll be quiet. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment