Thursday, January 13, 2011

Heads Up!











A baby porcupine, now that is a handful of fluff. At least while it is small. Imagine trying to hold a full grown one and getting a prick or two from its quills. What a cutie, and no I really do not want one. I just like to look at it. Aah, dumb animals, or is it they are curious and get their heads caught and trapped. Seems we folks do that a lot on our own but there is no one around to take our pictures. Well our traps are a bit different but the thought process is the same. Take that huge storm that hit the east coast yesterday when folks should have stayed home and away from the icy roads, I know, I know, business as usual, but the world would not end because they stayed home and safe for one day or even two. My friend, Pauline, tells me that the storm was a winter wonderland of beauty and made me wish I were sitting in her living room looking out at the storm. The plows are out and the folks are shoveling, another chore I used to love when I was very young and Pa would wake me up and have a mug of hot coffee with milk and sugar ready by the stove. Off we would go to shovel the side walk and I am sure I didn't make much of a dent but the front steps had to be cleared and that was my job. Gee, it is nice to reach this age when your mind is filled with great pictures of life and living way back when. I wonder why it takes us so long to appreciate what we had . . . well, maybe we did but we had our heads in the clouds.
So today, as you go about your daily routine thinking how hard life is, stop and think about what you have and take time to appreciate all of it. The package son John ordered for Christmas finally came in mid January. I don't think it is the same one he ordered as he registered a complaint and they sent a mixture of goodies that I will share with my daughter Pat when she comes over today. We can have fun eating the pears and apples if they ripen soon. The pears should be ready by spring. The Baklava, smokey cheese, salmon and pear chocolates might taste good but it is the Cherry chocolates Pat will go for. Me, the mixed nuts but the Pineapple relish with crushed peppers leaves much to be desired. I just finished up the cranberry pecan jelly that was 'out of this world'. So, you see, the holidays are still with us . . . there goes the good intentions. John, Jo, Erin where are you, we need help! And, if you are in the neighborhood drop in, there is plenty to go around. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment