Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Signs of the times







The e-mail attachment yesterday had signs of the time, some I had seen before, but a couple I had not. It is always good to have a chuckle or two to start off the day. Right now I am waiting for my coffee to brew so I can have a cup and wake up. The furnace has kicked on and it is cold here in the house, so it must be cold outside. We seem to be having a much colder winter this year but I am not about to complain as I hear about the big storms across country. I wonder how the folks in the southern states are doing as they are not used to heavy snow fall. Georgia got some snow yesterday so I am wondering how our Sullivan cousin is doing. I bet he is not a happy camper as it would put a big crimp in his golf game. Another friend wrote that she and her husband have been sharing a nasty cold and seem to be passing it back and forth. We have all been there and done that . . . part of the fun of being married is sharing even the head colds. Of course my first impulse was to write and recommend the usual chicken broth, a hot toddy and a lot of down time . . . that's half the fun of sharing!!! Her response was cute . . . 'thanks for the advice' . . . can't you hear the 'yes mother' behind it. I can. My son-in-law used to call me the Universal Mother, well can I help it if I was endowed with so many maternal genes. Just know my heart is in the right place.
So today, if you have the start of a head cold, take advantage of your down time. There are many easy ways to tackle the cold germs and the constants are chicken broth, hot Toddy, tea, Popsicle, a down comforter and a sign on the door that 'no visitors allowed', all make having a cold worth while. Take good care of yourselves as winter will pass eventually into a warm and delightful spring . . . spring colds, well, they do come along with the season and last forever, so my motherly advice this morning is to stay warm and dry and if you have to catch a cold then you already have all the remedies at hand. I am sad to say, hugs are forbidden until the cold season ends, but think of the fun of catching up once the cold season is gone. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment