Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

The die hard fisherman Jock is out on the river setting his pole with the bell. He will be cooking some deer sausage and sitting back enjoying the views until the bell rings and he checks his pole to see if he caught anything. I hope he catches a big salmon as I could use a good salmon steak. Just had steel head a few nights ago and it was delicious.
Atmospheric Phenomena . . . This picture was taken at the Idaho/Washington border and it lasted for one whole hour. What a sight to see. The clouds have to be Cirrus, at least twenty-feet in the air, with just the right amount of ice crystals. The sun has to hit the clouds at precisely 58 degrees. I didn't know that. A good thing I like to read tidbits about 'stuff' in general. I learn something new every day.

The Northern Lights. If we were visiting Alaska we would be privy to such sights. I have seen this particular picture before and it is like an abstract painting. The swirls and shadows are haunting.


It has to be Alaska or a Northern State to go below zero . . . far below . . . glad I am not there. I am griping about our cold weather and it is about forty, practically summer when you think of what the folks in this area are feeling.
So today, not matter what the weather, enjoy it for all its worth. Bundle up, stay warm and dry and go for a short walk. I am off to the grocery store to find something for dinner tonight, a pork chop sounds good with a yam and some applesauce . . . yeah . . . sounds good to me. If I thought you would drop in I'd buy extra but the distance is great and the weather iffy, so maybe you can plan a summer jaunt and end up on my doorstep. I would like that. Hugs to all.



The P.S. picture of today is the new Chinese military Stealth fighter plane. The Chinese program has come a long way, more than expected according to the article I read. The plane is much bigger than our stealth planes and can carry heavier weapons. Do you think all the interest they get on that money we borrow is helping their programs along? Something for our leaders to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment