Thursday, January 20, 2011

Interesting


There was an interesting read yesterday as I was glued to the house with plumbers running in and out, under the house, changing the water lines throughout the house and under it as well. I didn't envy Billy having to slip and slide out there in the cold. All went well until the very end when there was one spot that refused to be fixed and it took several hours to just get that one spot done. I kept busy between the computer, a cross word puzzle, the fan puzzle which I finished and must take a picture of for you, and a necessary stop at my neighbors who graciously served coffee and no charge for the rest room. The read was about a few quotes from 1955 . . . "When I first started driving, Who would have thought that someday gas would cost twenty-five cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."
"Did you see where some baseball players just signed a contract for $50 thousand a year to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President."
"It wont be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."
"There is not sense going on short trips anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly$2.00 a night to stay at a hotel."
I may have said some of these things and have lived long enough to see that they all came true and even more so than quoted. Funny how money changes in value as the years go by, seems I just heard the dollar is worth a lot less now, but we make so much more . . . yeah!



Mirror, mirror on the wall, are you true or are you false? An interesting e-mail came in yesterday about two way mirrors and how to tell if they are , or are not, real true mirrors. I cannot imagine anyone becoming a voyeur in a ladies room or in a dressing room . . . how crass . . .but it happens so the experts say. So test the mirrors and see, just remember NO SPACE LEAVE THE PLACE as your fingernail tells the truth.


So today think of the word budget and make up a good one. Save the first ten percent and the eke out the rest to your high living. As for the mirror, don't take chances, test! We live in a transition time and we will survive, just take it one second at a time and 'go for it', today is a good day to start. Me, I'm putting my house back together . . . what a mess . . . what a job . . . but think of the clean under cabinets I have, and the linen closet too. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment