Sunday, January 30, 2011

Beat- Never!

I bet you had this thought more than once. That is quite a cartoon. You can feel the sarcasm. Weather is the one thing we wait on when we have to make a decision on how to dress, whether to go or stay, or accept it for what it is and get on with the day.
This picture has been on the computer more than once and I had to laugh when I saw it today. We have a friend who is a hunter and gets out there very early in the morning to find his deer. Some mornings he should just stay at home with his 'dear'. . . Sometimes he is lucky and can store up his supplies for good eating but then he has days like this. Of course I will send this along; how else can I make his day. The early bird may catch the worm but this old bird missed by a mile.

The actor Ernest Borgnine is 94 years old and look at how wonderful he looks. He is about to get the Life Time Achievement Award and one I think well deserved. The television just showed "Marty" on, a film I've seen a dozen times in which he was great. Yet when I think of actors and roles, his role in "From Here to Eternity" is the one that comes to mind. The caption said something about his living through a lot of laughter and tears, my we all know that one and thanks to great actors and actresses we have been able to sit back and watch them play roles to make us laugh and cry.


I don't usually give up, have a stubborn streak a mile wide, but here is the beast that did me in. My friend Jo sent me a surprise puzzle from England where a topographical picture was taken of the area in which I live. A lovely surprise and I could hardly wait to start. I have to tell you I put that frame together dozens of times and found that each piece has to fit perfectly or it just doesn't fit. The frame stayed crooked, there was no more end pieces. I got this far in what I believe to be the ocean and it took a week. There seemed to be a piece missing, but more than one as there are just a couple of pieces of that color left to fill in and they just would not fit. My neighbor La Verne came over as she loves to help find the puzzle pieces and she couldn't find any pieces either.We pulled the frame apart one more time and still it didn't come together right. We measured according to what figures were on the box and it didn't match . . . aha. . . something was not right. . .that did it, away it went back in the box because it is a waste of time to try and put a jig saw puzzle together when pieces are missing . . . on to a new one!
So today, a day of rest which I hope you will take advantage of. We are at the end of January, a whole month gone of our brand new year. It didn't pass as quickly as some, but then we had weather to contend with and I think that slowed us all down. February may prove to be a lot better, if not, buy a box of chocolates in a big heart box and indulge to bulge and know that better weather is coming. Make your seconds count and find reasons to smile. Hugs to all.



1 comment: