Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hump Day

Another warm day for us, unusual, but welcome. We are to go up to sixty-five today and that is not to brag, just to inform you that living in the banana belt of Oregon isn't all bad. We have our weeks, even months of rain and fog and gray days which we are used to, so when the sun shines you can believe we are out and about.



The two men working under the house replacing the insulation will be glad for the warmth of the weather today. It is a really miserable job to have to crawl under a house in winter where it is wet and close quarters. One area is so tight that it is difficult to replace the insulation but Kevin did tell me they did get it in and he will be very happy to see the end of this job. I baked some chocolate chip cookies yesterday so shared a hot one out of the oven to the delight of the men. I sent them home with some just to show my appreciation for their hard work. They get good money for the job and after watching them work for the past two days, I would say they earn every penny of it. They didn't need supervision and I certainly couldn't be of any help, so when friend Marcia came and invited me out to lunch you know where I went . . . right out the door. I forgot to take my camera to take pictures of the new hotel that the Lucky Seven folks are building. It is coming right along and we are all waiting for an invitation to the opening. It should be beautiful with all of it's Indian decor. The new restaurant is much bigger but the lay out isn't as good for the workers as they have much more space to cover. Well, they didn't ask me!! Someone was not thinking of the waiters as they have to walk back to the kitchen area to get the food and come out with it in a covered dish . . . that should tell you that the food can get cold on the way. I noticed they are not getting the crowds they use to, maybe because it takes longer to get the food to the tables. Oh well, life is not perfect.



So today, bundle up if you are on the east coast. I hear the temperature is below the below and there is more snow to contend with. I miss seeing the first snow fall in all its beauty, but I can assure you I do not miss the cold blustery winter days when it turns to slush and ice. I have enough of a heating bill right here. Go about carefully, don't forget your smile and for heavens sake eat a healthy lunch in your favorite place be it a Taco Bell or a Big Mac, or a sandwich made at home with a good friend. Enjoy your seconds and share a hug. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment