Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh, Oh . . .

Now that is a snow angel. I do not envy the workers for the sanitation departments in snow country. Folks expect the same service all year but they need to stop and think about the effects of a huge storm. New York got a big one and it looks like the folks should be out there shoveling the cars out so the workers can get to the trash. No easy task for either side. I love the picture. I'd love to see the snow that deep once again, but then someone would hand me a shovel and I would still be at a loss as to where to put the snow. A delima at its best.
The e-mail that came in with these pictures, and several more, mentioned cooks with nothing to do. Well, you have all heard the expression 'babies must play' and the folks in this kitchen had a ball. I have better things to do with my time but I certainly had a laugh as they played with all the fruits and vegetables and containers.

Someone is clever with a sharp knife, but I like to eat my apples, and I did eat a real crispy juicy one yesterday and it was delicious in taste, . . . not a delicious apple by name, but a sour greenie. Speaking of apples, I made an apple crisp that didn't last long. I did find a tiny bowl with a little left over so polished it off last evening. All the goodies are gone and my resolution and intention for the New Year is to avoid them at least until Easter. The travelers made it to their homes fine, John said they had wind problems for awhile but finally did land and Jo said she had no problems at all. They left me with a quiet house so every noise was louder than usual as the wind blew the little clapper by the side of the house. The sheets are changed, the towels are dry, all that is needed is for them to come back through the door. The grocery list went back to normal so this week will be lighter foods, far away from all the rich foods we have been eating all of the holiday season. A lot of preperation goes into the holidays, then we enjoy them to the hilt. Then comes the let down as we get back to normal living. A feast or a famine, yet the smiles last as we remember the fun of having friends and family around.
So today, I hope you are back safe and sound if you had to travel to be with your families. I know the first day back will be a very long one, but after a good 'early' night of restful sleep you will be back in your routine and enjoying the memories of your holidays. There was an inspirational story in the e-mails today about planting seeds, and it reminded us that "honesty begets trust; goodness-friends; humility-greatness; perserverance-contentment; consideration-perspective; hard work-success; forgiveness-reconcillation and when you plant love, your harvest has already begun." Practice, practice, practice. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment