Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter


Winter
Winter has come. It's December you know
with cold winds and blustery snows.
Icy roads make us weary,
a sniffy nose teary,
we bundle up as it blows
But in spite of it all, we are smiling and grinning
for there is skiing and skating, sledding and baking
for company coming in droves.
It is that time of year
be of good cheer
as winter moves on
like a favorite song
we hum and enjoy without reason
for winter is a very special season. . . . jms.
This mom knows how to keep her chicks warm, downy feathers, aah. . . . I have a downy comforter, a gift from my daughter Patricia. one Christmas a few years ago. At first I rebelled as being much too warm for this 'hot' sleeper, but after one season I learned that warmth without weight was truly the best way to go. I can still stick my feet out to keep them cool but find they love being in a feathery cocoon.
So today, Friday, that wonderful day that says a weekend is yours for relaxing take time to enjoy and hum along with all the Christmas music . . . it is just not going away, so you might as well sing, it is good for the heart and soul. "Silent Night . . . holy night . . . all is calm . . . all is bright . . . um......not bad, now I'll be singing all day . . . join me. Hugs. to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment