Thursday, December 30, 2010

Number One


Here it is number one picture from my brand new Christmas present--A Cannon Power Shot SX120. which my son ordered and did not come until yesterday . . . what a surprise . . . and how happy I am to see a camera. I have to read the booklet and I have to practice how to point and shoot as it does not have the little view finder that I depend on. It feels so good in my hands. I am ready to go for a photo shoot but the weather refuses to cooperate. John was cleaning the key board of his computer and has Jo's computer lined up to do the same. In back, on the wall, you can see Erin's photo pictures which came out like an artists collage of colors when she took pictures of the Salsa dancers and they 'froze' in the click of her camera. They are very colorful and like all abstract paintings you can sit for hours and pick out all kinds of pictures within the swirls of color.
The first words I read in the book were to be sure not to get the camera wet . . . I wonder if a little fairy told on me as I lost my last camera to the ocean waves. "Do not get the camera wet." Okay, okay, I will do my best to keep in high and dry. John tells me if I do it again he will have to invest in an underwater camera for me. Well, I intend to take very good care of this new 'toy' and I am so grateful, pleased, surprised and thankful for such a wonderful gift . . . again . . . do you think John should take out stock in Cannon? I do. Now if the rains would stop, I will go out the door and start practicing.
Erin leaves for her home today and we are going to miss her. We had our steak and salad dinner last evening and a toast to the New Year as it will be awhile before we are all together again. We had hoped that both Michael and Christine could have joined us, but it was not to be. Holidays brings out the best and the worst in us, but they give us the opportunity to get together. When they are over we find a heart filled with moments of pure pleasure and a desire to hold on to them until the next time we meet. Our lives fly by as we return to the whirl of every day living. We are about to celebrate the last holiday of this year 2010 and I wonder how it went by so fast. It seems as though it was only a few short months ago we were saying goodbye to 2009, yet 365 days of living have gone by and we are about to start a brand new year. I wonder what is in store for us.
So today, when you wake up to a new morning and hopefully a little sunshine, know that you only have a couple of more days to the last celebration of this year. So many unwanted surprises came our way and now we have to live with them, change them if we can, and do what we have to do to survive in a world that seems to be off its axis right now. Transitions periods can be hell, we all know that one, so keep the faith, do your everyday good deeds and make your health your first priority. It feels like a Monday, but it is Thursday so put your plans in action and have some fun. I put some brandy in my decanter . . . see how easy it is to plan ahead. . .Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment