Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time

It is one thirty a.m. and I am awake. I woke up thinking that I was reading the clock right and it was six thirty a.m. . . . what a surprise and a big disappointment to find myself wide awake not dressed up with no place to go....back to bed is a good idea but I may as well use up a little of this energy and write awhile. Son John tells me the high in his part of the world is about fifteen degrees and the wind chill factor lower. The days are shorter and this picture shows what it is going to be like up there in Anchorage, Alaska soon.
While here in Oregon we are having one storm after another and there is snow in the higher elevations. A lot of folks are going to be very happy when they can get out and do a bit of cross country skiing. I never did make an opportunity to try cross country skiing and often thought it would be wonderful exercise and so much fun to be out there in the deep snow enjoying the quiet and peace of the forest.


My pictures are out of context but that isn't anything new or different. I try to keep them in sequence but so far haven't mastered the wherewith all to move them about. When I try I usually lose them so I just leave them alone. this picture is a scene son John looks out at every day from his new office window. I was trying to capture the difference in their daylight hours as they now move into the twenty-four hour of darkness. I wonder how he will like that, and if it takes a lot of getting used to. I would imagine it must feel very strange to someone who has never been in Alaska when the days are light twenty-four hours and then the season changes to twenty-four hours of darkness. I guess you can get used to it but it does sound very strange to me. Makes me wonder what would happen to my sleep pattern up there . . . maybe with all that darkness I would get at least six hours of sleep all together . . . um . . . wonder if son John wants a roommate . . . I'm laughing, you can bet it wouldn't be his mother.



You know I have to throw in a political cartoon. Now this politician has gall. If you have been following his rise to fame there is a lesson to be learned on how to cheat and blame everyone else for having the nerve to bring his indiscretion to the public eye.
My e-mail wonder yesterday was a marvel of engineering skills and the wondrous sight of the road and bridges in Norway. The travel movies are always spectacular and a wonderful way to see all the new and different places in our world. Most of us cannot afford to travel around the world to see all of these sights, but watching these films has to be the next best way to travel . . . with all of the problems with air flights today, it really is the best way. My friend, Helen, sent me a clipping on the new pat down at the airport and it was hilarious. Common sense has flown out the window as they waited for an elderly lady to stand up out of her wheel chair to walk through the check point so they could pat her down . . . I wonder if they are still waiting.
So today, in spite of all the nonsense in our world, and some of the horror in our world, try to keep you balance and use a little common sense when you run into something new and different, or for that matter someone new and different, and take time to learn something new and different...it can only make you a better person and I already know you are special. Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment