Thursday, December 23, 2010

Count Down

Good Thursday morning. Some folks are actually getting enough snow to make three snowmen in their yards. As much as we dread the winter snows and the cold winds, we would be lost without them and for those of us who moved far away from the snow, we actually miss it . . . maybe it is just the time of year that brings on such thoughts, shoveling snow and walking on ice or driving around in a blizzard is still not my idea of fun and games . . . but . . . the memories of the snow shoveling early of a morning and walking to school on top of the piles of snow and making forts as we hid behind them and threw snow balls at our friends. The frozen ponds and ice skating comes to mind and the mind retrieves winter times scenes that were special.



Pat and Erin are off to pick up John and Jo and I am baby sitting Emma. It should be an interesting day as I try to read my book and she wants to be petted and does not take 'no' easily. She's a beautiful animal and we have a mutual admiration society on going, but I'm sure she will be sitting on the outside looking in if she doesn't listen after the first ten pats on her behind. I think it is going to be clear today and if that is the case I will throw the Frisbee, or the ball, to her and get her to run around and get tired so I can sit quietly and read . . . taking any bets on who will win out?



I am not sure, right now, if I will do a blog for the next few days so if I am missing from your morning routine know that I am enjoying my family, missing those who are not here, enjoying all the goodies and plotting and planning my diet for the first of the year.


So today, the count down is on. You have packages to wrap, bows to tie, little stickers to add signed with love from the wonderful Santa Claus you are. Sharing yourself is the best gift of all. Go, have a great holiday and thank you for your love and friendship this year. I promise to toast to your health and hopefully some wealth this coming year. Participate in communion in the church of your choice and know that you are having a small piece of birthday cake. A great way to celebrate and it is okay to sing off key, everybody does. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment