Friday, December 17, 2010

Faces and Places
















The e mail I received yesterday had lots of pictures showing different people looking like different characters and they did a great job. I couldn't put them all on but chose those I thought were close and believable. Such expressions. It made me think about having a 'twin' out there somewhere . . . well, everyone has one so they tell me. Actually, I have one of those faces that always looks familiar to someone, has to be the Irish in me. For the life of me, I cannot think of one character that looks like me. . . and thanks, but no thanks, you do not have to think of one.
Do you realize it is Friday already and I know you are looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing after your week of hard work. You probably wont get to relax for long as the days are going by so fast and if you haven't done your shopping and mailed out your cards and started to make a few check marks on your list, you will be out there among the crowds humming Christmas carols and wishing you had bought one present a month all year and all you had to do was wrap them up. Well, that would be one way to miss the crowds, but on the other hand it is fun to be right smack dab in the midst of the crowds and picking up the spirit of Christmas. Daughter Pat and I went off yesterday to some new shops in our town. Little hide away places that turned out to be such fun. One had booths by different folks who displayed some very old and not so old items for the home that were truly beautiful. There was one ring holder I've never seen before made out of a burnished gold glass and the ring tree was on the back of a turtle. It was a lovely little piece. We went to the Pet Store and there was so many good things to choose from. I had one impossible lady to buy a trinket for and found one of those bobble headed dogs . . . she is an avid dog lover and has three, which proved to be a bank as well, complete with wobbly legs. She will be jazzed and I am betting it will be on her dash board along with that hoard of stuffed doggies that take up all the space as she drives. The best thing was the owner gift wraps so the gift is ready to go. The owner and I had a discussion on gift wrapping as he seemed to know just how to go about the size of paper to cut off to fit the box in hand. He said he has gotten a lot of experience in the last two years, but, he is going to go on to Portland where one of the big stores has a class on how to wrap packages. He wants to be the best in town...and I am sure he will be.
So today, look for a store with a person who wraps and you will not be sorry. Speaking of wraps of a different kind, the edible kind, with company coming I might just order a tray from Fred Meyers for those coming in late. Our weather is going to be iffy and I am sure they will arrive late and hungry. Pat and I took time out last evening and had dinner at the Nautilus where the Bistro Scallops are to salivate over and the Chardonnay was crisp and dry; not a bad way to end our day sitting by a window over looking the ocean with a gorgeous sun setting. It was such an unbelievable sight as the huge grey cloud the size of a battle ship hung over the area and the sun beamed behind it casting shadows of pink and coral making lovely pictures in the sky. Oh, how I miss my camera. Treat yourself, and spend some time dining at your favorite place and enjoy the sights and sounds. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment