Tuesday, February 1, 2011

She's Back!

Erin now . . . and then!
I had a note in the mail with a picture of me and my granddaughter taken up at Lake Tahoe when she was about a year and a half old. I had sent the picture to my friend with a story about our day at the Lake. Suzanne was going through some old albums of her mother, who has passed on, and found the picture and knew it would mean something to me. It was a lovely surprise and brought back some instant memories of a day well spent. Having a granddaughter is one of life's true blessings.

Meanwhile Chon who trims the bushes and cuts the lawn with his magic mower has gone to Mexico for a family vacation. He doesn't know that I had a pipe break under the house and a flood in my back yard. He doesn't know that the grass has grown at least a foot and it is not going to be easy to trim it down. The push mower wont work, and another week before he gets back . . . wonder if a scythe is going to be needed . . . wonder if he has one, I don't.


Daughter Patricia is back home after a long weekend away. She had a date with a neurologist who deals with M.S. and not having one here, it means the long trip to Portland. Her sister, Christine, drives over to keep her company and the two of them plot and plan some fun things to do. Last I heard they were going to visit the huge books store, a full block long, and browse . . . you know they wont come out empty handed. I'm looking forward to some good reading. Hopefully, we will have lunch together today and I will hear all about what the doctor had to say and all about the fun times as well.
So today, some of you are going to be hit by a big storm. From what the newscasters say, it is being called the blizzard of the century. The entire country seems to be included in its path. I hope they are wrong and it turns out to be just another winter storm blowing a few flakes . . .if not, stay home and be warm and comfortable in your own four walls then venture out when it has passed by. Take good care of YOU. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment