Friday, February 4, 2011

Interesting Facts From An E-Mail

Antarctica only land on our planet that is not owned by any country. Ninety percent of the world's ice ; and seventy percent of all fresh water in the world. The caption went on to say that essentially it is a desert as only
two percent of precipitation falls. It is the driest place on the planet and the humidity lower than the Gobi desert.


The e-mail was fascinating and that was only the 'A's. I couldn't fit them all on as it would have taken all my space, so I'll slide one in now and then so you can enjoy a few of the facts too. Who knows, you may already know all of this. I sure didn't and I've been around a long time. How little we know, and the older we get the more we realize just how little we do know. Life is a journey not a destination . . . I have no idea who said that, but it sounds good.


Do you wonder about the rain forest which provides more than twenty-percent of the worlds oxygen? The river pushes so much water in the Atlantic Ocean that more than a one hundred mile of sea off the mouth of the river can dip fresh water out of the ocean. The volume of water in the Amazon river is greater than the next eight largest rivers in the world combined and three times the flow of all the rivers in the U.S.A.

Alaska. Did you know that one half of the entire United States coastline is in Alaska? I didn't realize that.


So thank you Dorothy for sending me the e-mail filled with wondrous facts about our world.
It is Friday already, the first week of a new month all but gone. The weather yesterday was warmer and the sun was bright so I went out to the garden and tried very hard to use the push mower to see if I could cut the foot tall grass. One swipe, one row, and I had to give it up. The grass is still very wet and the push mower very old and the pusher older than dirt so when all of that comes home to roost there is nothing to do but give up. Well, that is not easy to do so I got out the clippers and neatened a few of the overgrown bushes. February is not a clipping month so I may have done more damage than I should have, but that remains to be seen. So far my clip artistry has begotten overgrown bushes. All I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed my hour in the the sunshine and am looking forward to more of them.
So today finish up the work you have been doing all week and plan to give yourself some yard time this weekend, of course you have to be out of snow country to do that. For those of you enjoying the sun and snow, get out the skies and do some snow walking, or is it snow shoeing, whatever it is called, get out there and enjoy the fresh air and the scenery. Take your camera along and send me some pictures. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment