Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pocket Change

Tuesday is a good day to count your change. I wonder how long it took to save up all those quarters. It is an interesting photograph but I can think of other things I'd rather do than make an art work out of money . . . putting a few in the new gaming machines might be fun if you had the lucky quarters that made the bells go off.

Of course, if you have nothing better to do and you need a project to enjoy what is left of the snow, you can always go out and find a mail box to decorate. I wonder who makes these things up. Well, at least they have a sense of humor. The mail carrier probably isn't laughing out loud as he or she has to trudge through the ice and snow to get the mail out of the box.

A sense of humor is what we all need to make our days brighter and lighter. This cute little picture came in on an e-mail with a short story with it. It seems a first grade teacher asked her students to draw a picture of what their mother did for work. The children drew their pictures and the teacher graded them and the children brought their art work home. The next day the youngster brought in a note from her mother saying, "Dear Ms. Davis, I want to be perfectly clear on my child's illustration. This is not me on some stage on a dance pole at a strip joint surrounded by customers with money. I work for Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in a recent snow storm. That is me selling a snow shovel."

So today look for reasons to laugh out loud. Find a card shop and look for some clever and funny Valentines and send them off to those you love. Don't be shy, it is truly a gift when you share your hugs, verbally or otherwise, for it is love that makes our world go round. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment