Saturday, February 12, 2011

Oh Yeah!!!

I don't know about you folks, but I get very upset when the computer imps take control of my space. They, whoever they are, call it updates and I wish they would just leave things alone especially when things are working right. I'm a creature of habit and when the imps take over my computer and I cannot get to my e-mail, or my blog, I get frustrated and like the big orange cat, I want to smash someone even if all they are doing is their job.




I am lucky son John is home on a visit as he was here to fix things . . . 'what did you do?' I asked. . . I shut off the machine and rebooted . . sheesh, how was I to know that is all you have to do to make the glorified changes go away. I know the imps mean well and they want those who have computers to be up and running at the top of the mark . . . but . . . they have to realize they have some octogenarians struggling to keep up with the things they have learned to do and there just is not enough 'head' room to take on changes that really truly are not doing much of anything but confusing the issues. Well, that is my opinion and I'm stuck with it.


It was really traumatic to turn on the computer and find a picture of Dell and not my beautiful ocean scene. It was even more so to find out that I could not get on the I.M. and toggle Pat to say good morning. When I found my way to the web and found out there are a hundred or more people reading my blog, I couldn't believe it and it scares me . . . but, not enough to stop (smile) and thank you for your interest in my musings. I love to write. I have a curious mind and it is fun to share the things I find new and different. I have taken the liberty to write about my family and friends, maybe I will have to start asking permission to keep shouting to the roof tops how wonderful they all are.



So today, enjoy your computer and be thankful you are young and able to make do with all those changes and smile while you continue on with all of your work and correspondence. I would like to find a way to stop the jiggling ads so I can write but ads have taken over our lives no matter what medium we are looking at or working on. I've done enough grousing for today, just know I am thinking about you and wishing you good health, a bit of wealth and more hugs than you ever imagined. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment