Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A New View and the Dog Run

The Wave and the Rock

Incoming Wave Building


Homes Along the Cliff



The First Wild Flowers of the Season




A very narrow steep pathway to the ocean.





Three trees, three trunks, all different.






Emma out in the dog run fields







Pat throwing the ball way out and Emma chases it.
















The entrance to the Dog Run

The big rock and this park like area are called McVeigh Park. I have no idea who McVeigh is, or was, so cannot impart any information about the park itself but I can tell you the dirt road in is pitted with huge pot holes. Why the city does not fill them is beyond me because for the very first time there is a lovely dog park all fenced in and gated. There are chairs to sit on, although the dogs have different ideas of their masters resting . . .it's, 'throw the ball' . Emma got the message quickly and she ran her legs off for a half hour. Meanwhile I used my trusty cane and walked over the bumps and lumps of the other part of the park which leads out to a semi circle of grass where the ocean roars below the cliff I was standing on. The view is lovely so I put my trusty camera to work.
The sun was shining and the wind was a bit on the cold side but it didn't feel bad at all. I would love to have walked down the path to the ocean sand and looked over the little rocks down there to see if by chance there was an agate or two. The pathway is narrow and very steep so it was a lost cause for me, there is no way I could go down . . . well I could have sat and slid on my rear but I never would have been able to get back up, so I stood and watched the waves and sighed.
The trees in the outer area of the park were very different in that each trunk of the tree was different. There was one that was twisted like a pretzel and I wondered why as the other two were fairly smooth. They all grew the same height and only the three trees in the center of a big field. It would make a good setting for some picnic tables, but then they would be better placed nearer the cliff, or would they? No, children would be running and playing and it would be to close to the edge so maybe the field would be a better spot. Well let us hope that the pot holes are on the list of 'to do' hopefully before summer comes around.
So today, know there are beautiful spots for you to go and visit in your area. Make a plan for the weekend, pack a lunch and take yourself out in the fresh air, if you can, some of you are still snowed in and that would not be the place to go . . . nope, you have to plan to stay where it is cozy and warm . . .so, grab a good book or the latest travel magazine and take yourself on a mental journey to the sunshine. Just make your seconds count and use those facial muscles and smile. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment