Monday, February 7, 2011

New Faces

Sisters: Kay and Pauline. They got all gussied up for a Christmas celebration and I must say they look beautiful. It is nice to see smiling faces and know that they had a great holiday.
Pauline's son-in-law, Dave is a musician and he loves to play and sing. Cousin Walter is in the background strumming his guitar. It must be such fun to get together with them for the holidays and have a house filled with music and laughter.

The ladies are very lucky as the men in their lives love to cook. Kay's son Jimmy has been known to put out a terrific holiday dinner. Walter does some cooking also. Wonder if the boys would like to visit me. I could stand a holiday or two out of the kitchen. From what I hear there is never a crumb left . . . kudos to the chefs.


Friend Paula lives in Arkansas and they had their fill of snow this winter. This is the new pool, covered and waiting for family fun this summer. Paula can hardly wait as she tells me she is very tired of all the snow and ice and the cold. She is among good company as I think over half the USA would agree that this winter has been very long and very cold.



Here she is, Paula with her great-granddaughter. Paula doesn't look old enough to be a 'great' but her grandson wasn't going to wait around for her to 'age'. She didn't tell me her great-granddaughter's name, angel comes to mind, what a cutie. I'd like to have one of those little ones visit me on occasion. You get to do all the loving and then give them back to their mom when a change is needed. Small, beautiful miracles.


I think a lot of folks feel this way on Monday morning. The weekend went by much to fast. Well cheer up you have a new week to accomplish much and unruffle your feathers. I am smiling because I had good news, son John is coming in the end of the week and I'll get to enjoy his company for a week. Looking at the picture of the blue bird reminds me of buying a birthday card with the blue bird of happiness on it. If I remember the caption had to do with its landing a blob or two on the birthday person, probably one that deserved such a greeting. You didn't know I had a mean streak, well a little one. Make today a good one, use your seconds wisely and don't waste them. Think nutrition and take good care of you. Hope you enjoyed the big game yesterday and was pleased with the outcome. I rooted for the Steelers and they lost, sad for them, but they can try again. I did watch some of it and was in time to see them take over for a short while but it just didn't last. . . oh well, the 'better' team won and they worked hard for the win. Now if someone would explain the game to me, I could tell you more. Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment