Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekend!

All children love to lick the cooking bowls, but this mother must be off in la la land. I wonder if she ever heard of unplugging the mixer first, unhooking the beaters and then let the little one have the batter. . . that would mean common sense. . .
This is not a picture of our Emma, but it could be. Pat has had to rescue her more than once as she loves to dig and play in the mud. She cannot equate owner madness with the exclusive joy of getting muddy, after all didn't she like to play in mud puddles when she was young . . . Is this the epitome of 'what goes around comes around'?


In the e-mail I received today, I was astounded to see the pictures of parents who love their children but have no idea how to raise them. I think they must have an open space between their ears. There were a lot of other pictures showing stupidity on child raising and as the caption said in the beginning . . . something about why some people should not have children. I remember being in a State Park some years ago and there was a woman who had two children over the barrier on a wall overlooking a deep valley. The guard rail was there for a reason but she must have thought it was for other people as she held the two children out on the ledge. It was frightening as it would take a second to lose one or both.

Here is another one of those interesting facts I told you about yesterday. Brazil was named from the nut, not the other way around. An interesting country, I wouldn't mind seeing it. Was Carmen Miranda from there? I remember her from a movie years ago with strange shoes and a hat with lots of fruit. Chicky, Chicky, something was her song, can see her in my minds eye and hear the music. If I remember correctly I think the shoes were clogs.
So today, with our world filled with strange and wondrous things to think about, take time to enjoy your day. Weekends are special, we just couldn't exist without them. I am going to enjoy mine as I can look out and see a mowed back yard, bushes trimmed, weeds gone . . . although not all the way, just impossible to get them all . . . Chon is back . . . I was very happy to see him. He had ten days visiting his family in Mexico and had a wonderful time. So good, he is off for a week soon again to meet some more family. He should be back in time to get to that horrible ditch in the back of the garage and trim the bush that overhangs it. I can understand why some folks went for brick walls around their properties . . . cement is good. I'm off for a refill and the news. It is too early for my Saturday cowboy movies, but the day is not over yet. Have fun today, laugh a lot it is very good for you. Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment