Monday, November 15, 2010

Mid Month

One of the e -mail attachment I received yesterday showed new pictures made by the 'chalk man'. An artist of extreme talent, able to paint on the flat surface of a tile floor of a mall and come up with outstanding art work.
Here he is in action, making it look so easy. There was no story with it so I have no idea of his name or whereabouts. I would have to go back on the old blogs as I am sure I wrote about him once before. There were more pictures and each one a masterpiece. I would love to see his work in person and wish he would paint a picture in malls all over the country so we could see and touch his work.

It is too dark to open the new vertical blinds. I really like them as they give a sense of privacy and have a very neat look about them. The pattern on the curtains during the sunshine is different, not as art like but more of shadows. I haven't learned how to adjust the slats yet but I am working on it. My faded furniture is just that...faded...and nothing is going to bring back the beautiful colors of the material. I have two lovely 'throws' I can show off and cover up a multitude of faded glory.


Here is the latest sign to remind us to stand tall and keep prayer in our lives. We "God damn" often enough and "Sweet Jesus" even more often, so I don't think God is going to leave us anytime soon. I was thinking of such expressions when I used the new lavender honey mixture on my face the other night without reading the instructions first. Aah, live and learn. I am learning. I find that one tiny drop goes a very long way. It may never do the job it is suppose to do on my old leathery skin, but I bet I am going to attract a lot of honey bees this summer when I go out to weed the garden.
I cannot believe I am having the same old debate, with myself, about cooking a turkey. I am going to do it, maybe only a small breast, but a turkey . . . I love left overs. My mouth is already watering with thoughts of a turkey sandwich with dressing and cranberry and rye bread. Who knows who might drop in and share a sandwich or two, or even left over hot turkey. A breast . . . no . . .a small bird with legs and wings so I can chomp on them to my hearts content. I already have the makings of a mince pie. I have an invitation to dinner out but nothing says I cannot share the at home dinner for the entire weekend. Oh, you may have to eat in your lap as I started a new lighthouse puzzle, one that seems to hold together better and is a challenge but nothing like that bear I just finished. There is something about a jig saw puzzle that gives me piece of mind and if I can cover the table with newspaper so the puzzle will stay put until I want to work it again, so if you stop in I will be able to put a table cloth on and let you sit comfortably at the table. Just be sure to check your clothing before you leave the dining area in case one of those puzzle pieces gets loose.
So today, another new start, meetings to go to, some off to doctor visits, some starting the wash; Monday, wash day, I know a few folks who still wash on Monday, iron on Tuesday and follow the old rules of keeping house. I gave that regiment up a long time ago and do what I have to do as it is needed. Um. . . reminds me I have the dish washer to empty but not before I have my coffee. Make your Monday fresh, new, improved, and start thinking of what you are going to bring to the Thanksgiving table beside your appetite. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment