Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Maxine may feel that way this morning, but I am thinking just the opposite as I'd like to see you coming in to join me today. It is Saturday and Pat is driving up to Portland leaving me behind. I 'fuss' too much according to her as she heads for the M.S. clinic and wants to do it all by 'herself'. I've learned never to argue with 'city hall' but she is missing out as I make a pretty good navigator and a great lunch pal and I would even pick up the tab. Why I point out all the good places to stop but she has her own reasons of wanting to 'run away' and enjoy her own company and I can understand that. I may not like it, but I do understand it as I find things to do to keep me busy. Today I am going to the High School for the annual pre-Christmas bazaar with my neighbor La Verne. It is usually a pretty rinky dink affair but some of the crafts people make some unusual pieces out of materials from the ocean. The seaweed baskets are beautiful and there is a lot of beading going on this year.

An e-mail came in last evening with this picture of the 'next generation' tire. It was designed my Michlen and it sounds like a boon for the driver. It is airless, no valves, air, repairs needed or even a flat tire and less expensive. It sounds too good to be true . . . I wonder if there is a catch hidden somewhere. Even the police spikes will not work on these, and that may not be a good thing. Well, I hope, for all of you who drive it is a dream come true and the Michlen makes a billion dollars on the first tires sold. Maybe they wear out eventually as they must be made of rubber; a doubting Thomas as there has to be something hidden in the small print as I find it very hard to believe Michlen has turned into a fairy godparent.
So today, the start of your weekend, enjoy every minute of it. Find ways to relax your mind and your body and take a ride over to one of the tire stores and see if they have this new tire then let me know what the catch is . . . never a flat tire . . . that is hard to believe. Make all your seconds count as you catch up with yourself. As for me, I am going to call up a few folks and invite them over for a cup of tea and I think I'll make those "Helen" brownies with the raspberry topping, if your in the neighborhood stop in, I'll share. Hugs to all.
P.S. today. . . I mentioned the other day that we had a sink hole here in Brookings. It is 30 feet wide and 25 foot deep and is just in front of City Hall and the Police Station. It seems that a very old pipe burst underground and has been softening the dirt for some time, and last Sunday it gave way much too the surprise of our Brooking citizens. There are several street project on going which will now have to be put on hold as the city workers hurry to try and fix the pipes, not fix but replace, as the pipes were put in around 1936. Makes me wonder about the pipes around this street and that ditch in the back of the property which the experts tell me is for rain run off and is the responsibility of the home owners as it is is written in the original plot record as an easement and not a right of way, which as I take it from the honcho at city hall, the home owners are responsible for the upkeep . . . um . . . maybe there is another sink hole brewing in the depths of this Brooking area and there might be a way to 'sue' city hall . . . I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment