Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ho Hum!!


Ho Hum, my foot, it took all week to get this finished but it really was fun to do. I couldn't do justice with Pat's camera as I don't really know how to use it. She suggested I stand on a chair to get the full view but I decided that was not smart as I would have struggled to get up onto the chair but how would I have gotten back down.....at this age height is anything over a foot.


With all the stormy weather this week taking pictures is out of the question, so you will have to bear with me until I can get out and about with a working camera on hand and a bit of sunshine as it leaves the clouds behind. I had e-mails yesterday but none with pictures or stories I wanted to share . . . well, I cannot tell ALL my business.


We rode over to Crescent City and had brunch at The Harvest Cafe. one of our favorite restaurants. They had closed their doors and moved without warning. When we rode to town and couldn't find them you could feel our disappointment. It was a relief to see their sign on a new older building on the major highway so we made a bee line to have brunch there. When you go up the wood ramp towards the double doors it does not seem very hospitable but once you open the doors . . . aah. . . three rooms in one because of the design of the interior, the same familiar chairs and tables made out of tree limbs, polished and fitted with cushions to keep you comfortable. Smiling and very friendly faces as the ladies seat you and have your coffee poured before you finish saying hello. The menu is filled with healthy food choices, and, I found to my dismay they do not serve sausage biscuits and gravy every day, only on weekends. I actually had a hankering for a good piece of ham and from what the waitress told us they get their ham from a special farm and it is really 'out of this world'. I don't know if you have priced ham in the stores but I tell you it has been so high that I haven't bought any in months. I am hoping that they have some specials for the holiday season as they bring out the spirals and all the lean tender cuts for special occasions. That ten dollar coupon in our newspaper tells me that it is going to be very pricey. Well, I just had my taste for the season so I won't worry about ham, but will start to poke around those fat turkeys for Christmas dinner.


It is strange not to be up to my elbows in flour and all the activity of putting on a Thanksgiving dinner. I think I missed about three in my lifetime. It is both a blessing and a curse to get 'old' and travel the road of 'acceptance' as slowly and surely changes come about that one has not prepared themselves for, nor feel they are ready for, but the truth is that time takes care of it all and all one has to do is relax and enjoy the ride. Now all I have to do is to convince myself that one mince pie is enough to share after a dinner out with friends this year, a thank you for good company and companionship . . . do you think they will mind that I took one slice . . . nah . . . they will laugh and go home and have desert. . . come to think of it I might just make two pies and spend the rest of the holiday week munching out.



So today, count your blessings, share yourself with those you love and even some you don't. Make your seconds count. Hugs to all.


AND, I have been wanting to say hello to Rustic Lady and now, a new follower . . . Fanny; welcome to my words. I wish I could get through to your page but the computer has me joining my own blog and wont let me 'talk' to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment